Wednesday, February 17, 2010

winter decor

This time of year has always been a kind of standstill in decorating. The holiday decor is boxed up and put away. Winter seems to drag on cold and wet. I decided to try and embrace these few months of winter weather we have left. I made a winter display in my front room.



The light is just terrible to see the whole effect. Here are some of my favorite doo-dads that cheer up the winter gloom:



Conversation hearts in my blue McCoy bowl. In the background are old love notes my husband gave me framed in a pretty glass frame with pressed flowers. My cat looks at them admiringly.



Paperwhite bulbs blooming with delicate flowers. Such a pretty light fragrance they have!



I forced one in an old glass cream bottle. I love the way the roots look.

In other news, I've had a few good finds at my thrift store lately. Here's one of my faves:



A set of small stiching guides - each 50 cents.

No comments:

Post a Comment